Trans Trouble, ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED

Andrew B

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi folks:
06 F350 6.0 Automatic with 67000km. Had 4.5 lift and 35" tires installed one month (3000km) ago.

Putting truck into reverse or drive from park there was a lag before trans engaged. This happened a few times in the space of an afternoon running errands around the city. Took it out on the hiway for a 35km run to my ex's (perhaps that is the problem?!?!?!) to pick up my kid. Did not shut the truck off, turned out of her driveway and when i accelerated the trans did not engage and we coasted to a stop. After sitting some with the truck shut off I fired back up and was able to engage the trans to drive about 5km at 80kph. At that point was forced to roll to a stop again. I shut things off, restarted and drove it another 5km at 40kph to a spot where the tow truck could easily find us.

Any advice is appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Andrew

Last edited:

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its gota be the ex :watchout thay are bad mojo. Are you geting and warning lights? Check your trans fluid mine was not shifting right it was 1qt low and now is fine but still dont know where it went :dunno

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Torque convertor may not be engaging. Should be under warrantee. Although lift and tire combo could work against you, depends on if dealer has a sense of humor.

Andrew B

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Trans truoble diagnosed

It was the torque converter, it would not engage, and by the time i had the unit stopped it had blowed up real good taking the guts of the tranny with it. $7000 to rebuild or $5000 for a crate, good job i have extended warrenty that was honoured.

Peace
Andrew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok