Running Boards Hang low- Raise'm?

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few SD's on the net with what looks to be factory chrome running boards, but they are tucked up near the body more vs the OEMs ones I have that hang like 6" down. IS there a way with different brackets to rais them a few inches?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I've seen a few SD's on the net with what looks to be factory chrome running boards, but they are tucked up near the body more vs the OEMs ones I have that hang like 6" down. IS there a way with different brackets to rais them a few inches?

I have seen some use the bottom holes in the steps and bolt them to the top mounting holes under the truck, and then they drill new holes in the steps to go into the bottom mounting holes under the truck.

So your gonna need to cut off 2 to 3 inches off the mounting brackets.

There use to be a member here that did it that way. hope this helps.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I did the mod on my truck and it looks much better that way. The only problem is getting used to steping up that extra 3 inches to get into the truck.

VALKYRIES

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Running boards

The new stands to lift the cab how thick are they were they will lift the cab ? Have to find out so to give them enought room maybe? Or will have to have them easy to unbolt.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lookin deal was looking at just getting rid of them all together but if I can cut off a couple of inches that looks much better.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lookin deal was looking at just getting rid of them all together but if I can cut off a couple of inches that looks much better.

I just took off my old boards to put on a set of 08 chrome ones I got for christmas but im missing the speed nuts on the body. You should see my wife and kids trying to get into it :roflmao my wife is going to kill me if I dont get them on soon:witch I think ill stick to the stock hight.

Reaction score
Yes you need to tuck em up there. I have seen several people who have ripped em off cause they hang so low. Definitly suck em up if you plan on doin any off roading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok