Question Oil Consumption

JRJ04

Reaction score
Oil consumption seems to be gone, however i need to verify that.

No, i have not checked the actual fuel pressure...still need to do that. would we be thinking its too high given my situation?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
or perhaps to low. Thats my next guess. If they changed all new injectors (should have changed cups too when in there), new turbo, but leaving residue on the bumper, new filters, but still puking out clowd of smoke with a hesitation Id say whats left?

JRJ04

Reaction score
i need to check on the cups...is it possible one of those is cracked? wouldnt i notice something else if it were? how could i test to see if one was cracked?

JRJ04

Reaction score
Update

Well, I finally got around to checking the fuel pressure yesterday casue I was under there replacing the filter.

I think my gauge got screwed up when some of the glycerine gel/goo leaked out, because I was only registering 34 lb of fuel pressure. There's no way that can be right...cause she's purring like a kitten.

does that sound right? Could my gauge be working right and thats really all im getting?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to checking the fuel pressure yesterday casue I was under there replacing the filter.

I think my gauge got screwed up when some of the glycerine gel/goo leaked out, because I was only registering 34 lb of fuel pressure. There's no way that can be right...[cause she's purring like a kitten.]

does that sound right? Could my gauge be working right and thats really all im getting?

I'd say yer gauge has gone bad JR. If the glycerin leaked out.. something inside ain't right ? (the diaphragm ?)

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
I'd say yer gauge has gone bad JR. If the glycerin leaked out.. something inside ain't right ? (the diaphragm ?)

Joe

makes sense...i'll order a new one...cause it worked fine before. do you think low fuel pressure could be the casue of my issue? just seems like it would be too high or something along those lines (aka...the engine is getting over fueled, which would explain the nasty oily bumper.)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes sense...i'll order a new one...cause it worked fine before. do you think low fuel pressure could be the casue of my issue? just seems like it would be too high or something along those lines (aka...the engine is getting over fueled, which would explain the nasty oily bumper.)

Don't know. We'd only be guessing.. until you get a Known fuel pressure, @ idle.

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Over Fueling in a diesel is not the same as a gas motor. More fuel = more power. There is no such thing as running too rich, which can cause things like an oily bumper. Wait until you can get some reliable fuel pressures.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok