auxiliary fuel tank

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new Tractor Supply Co. just opened in our area. I was like a kid in a candy store. I found some 71 gallon aluminum in bed auxiliary fuel tanks for $740.00
http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcssto...ontAssetStore/images/products/600/2266563.jpg
This tank also has a tool box attached. I will get it before the trip next year.

Also they had some mini scooters for under $500. that if I can find a way to hook them to the back of the 5th wheel, I will get two so the wife can have one also. We also bought some bikes, so it might be fun to figure out how to carry two bikes and two scooters.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcssto...ontAssetStore/images/products/600/5510199.jpg

Has anyone purchased any of these and if so, how did you like them?

VALKYRIES

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
auxillary fuel tanks

Has anyone installed or had experiance with the inframe replacement fuel tank. This is what I would really like to, to have the range and not have to fuelup half way home.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmm.... how about, "in the bed of a pickup truck?"

hheynow is correct.

With the tool box in front of the 5th wheel hitch, it leaves about 20 inches which I will have an auxiliary fuel tank there. There is not much room "height" behind the 5th wheel hitch back to the tailgate. I am planning on having a receiver installed on the back of the 5th wheel, so I can put in a bike and scooter holder. I have been told that they make a hydraulic platform that fits into a 2 inch receiver to hold various equipment. Originally I think they were designed to hold electric wheel chairs for the handicapped. The scooter weighs under 170 pounds, and the bikes around 30 pounds, so it should work out fine. I might buy another scooter for me, because they are lots of fun to ride. So the carrier would need to hold two scooters and two bikes.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you have enough tongue weight to off sat the weight of the bikes & scooters. If you are to light on the front of your trailer on your truck, your trailer will not pull well and could fish tale at speeds above 40 MPH.
This is not good, and yes you can ask me how I know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok