Not looking good here

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to one of my old tanker buddy's. He said that gas is going to jump 20 cents this weds.-Thursday and there plaining diesel to jump 22-25 cents also. The tanker company is looking at 5+ bucks per. gal. in the next 60 days.

It's looking like, I'm going to have to sell my truck now. Work has fallen off. I have closed down are housing comp. and lay-ed off the workers. Are awning buss. is cut down from 12 people to 4 including me and the boss. My blood press. is running 152 over 100 for the last 9 weeks and it's not coming down. I think, I'm stressed.....

Chatolue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I hear you Dogman! Keeping my Dually at 55-60 to squeeze 16 mpg. 40 mi. per day! I'll have to either hi-jack a fuel truck or buy a bicycle. you think dropping the tailgate would help?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I hear you Dogman! Keeping my Dually at 55-60 to squeeze 16 mpg. 40 mi. per day! I'll have to either hi-jack a fuel truck or buy a bicycle. you think dropping the tailgate would help?

No, it will make the mileage worse. Gasoline is going to be $4.00 by memorial day, diesel will hit $5.00. We are pretty much screwed at this point.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
tonnau covers make it better, tailgate down makes it worse.

tomorrow i am going to look at a few cheap bike...the one i hope to get is a 1982 yamaha (yuck!) XJ750.....not getting it for a fashion statement, or because i wanted a bike, but because diesel costs will sonn make it cheaper to stay home rather than drive to work!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
tonnau covers make it better, tailgate down makes it worse.

tomorrow i am going to look at a few cheap bike...the one i hope to get is a 1982 yamaha (yuck!) XJ750.....not getting it for a fashion statement, or because i wanted a bike, but because diesel costs will sonn make it cheaper to stay home rather than drive to work!

I hear that, Zook. I've brought the bike to work a few times, looks like I'm good for 3 days a week to keep expences down. I could do without a 60 mile ride at 4-5 a.m., I admit my trucks got me spoiled. But the bike will go 3 times further on a gallon, so thats the way to go.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made my tonnau covers for my truck and it helps. But theres nothing I can do for the jeep TJ it gets 16 city, 19 hwy the truck gets 16 city and 22 hwy. So I'm damned if I do or if I dont. :dunno

Is there any work out west or is it dryed up there too? I was thinking of going to Flagstaff and seeing if theres any work out there. :dunno

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Work out here is not looking good. I have nephews that are looking for work. The only people hiring are hospitals, they need RN and LVN's. Three of my friends that planned on going with us to at least Branson Mo. now have decided that it will cost to much for fuel, so they have canceled their trips. When we call for reservations, all the campgrounds say that there is plenty of room. This fuel price gouging is going to really hurt the tourism industry this year.
If we were not as old as we are, I would wait until next year to see if fuel prices declined, but when you get old, you do not know what your health will be in the following year, so we will just go and pay the fuel costs.
In the long run, a couple of thousand dollars more for fuel is not a big deal, until you think of what you could have purchased with that $2,000.
We are fortunate that we have good retirements, and everything is paid for, but we have friends who are worried about their jobs, and have house, car, truck, boat payments. Not a good time for them. :(

Politicians, could help us by temporarily removing the fuel tax until the economy got back on their feet, but no, they feel our pain, but want us to shoulder all the problems...
But on the bright side, Every day is a great day to be alive.
:D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not gouging...its demand <based on supply> !

yesterday <again for the 2nd time in 2 weeks> opec nations announced
that they saw NO REASON to increase flow...and would NOT increase flow.

everytime they mention this the price jumps <and theyre happy w/ that>.

removing the tax will further our deficit...the state & federal politicals will NOT
reduce their spending just because we're no longer paying IN <to the highway
tax fund>.

maxtor - we all feel the pain...some are more fortunate that others...if it were
REALLY that painful EVERYONE of us could probably drive less.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know guys my retirement is gone due to med. bills, one of my kids got drunk and got into a car with another drunk and did not have there seat belts on and ran a stop sign and got T-boned buy a van that ran the stop sign too "at a 4 way stop" and put her in the hospital for 7 months with brain injury. I had insurance for the bills but still had to come up with 350K for the testing that was needed that the insurance would not cover. sorry, I'm being a *****.

I need an island of my own and I will declare war on the US. When they show up, I'll sir-render and then they can and pay my bills and give me money......LOL....... I call it "DOGS Island" And you guys can come and hang out...LOL :sweet:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Correy01