looking for simple mods and upgrades

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my first diesel 3 years ago, and now I am ready to do some upgrades. As funds become available that is. I have already done the zoodad mod, and I am planning on upgrading to a 4" turbo back exhaust in the near future. I'm looking for any other do-it-yourself mods that I can do to the truck without spending alot of money. Right now I'm just looking to improve fuel milage. I'm also looking into getting the severe service air intake. Any opinions on how well it works? I know the powercore filters are top notch, but how does it compare to an intake kit? Appriciate the help. Thanks.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
click on the top right hand of this page SDD Technical Articles wiki. just start looking around. alot of good info.

Damn Dummy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this as well and what 01Platinum said is good advice. I became a member and just started looking and reading. I havn't spent too much on mods(yet) and my truck is like a whole different truck. I gained 3 mpg before I installed my dfuser 18k. If you search WIKI you'll find great info. Also, I just purchased the book "High Performance Diesel Builders Guide" that has great info on diesels and mods.:sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The severe service air filter kit is really choice for those trucks used in a high dust environment(desert,construction,mining operations) but outside of those areas I really like the AFE Stage II with the ProGuard 7 filter,our truck has one installed. The Stage II will improve MPG and performance long as your foot remains the same on the accelerator pedal:D

advanced Flow engineering (aFe) Air Filters & Intake Systems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok