Interior Light not turning off

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have been having a problem with my interior lights staying on when the doors are closed. Even driving down the road tonight the lights were off but the door ajar light was still on. Were is the sensor at that way I can figure out what is wrong and why my lights won't turn off. Thanks for the help on this annoying problem. Also I do have the door seal mod on this truck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The Door Ajar light is tied to the interior light switch. So look at the door frame for the switch. To turn off the interior lights turn down the dimmer located next to the head light switch. This will have no effect on the Door Ajar light.

Dave

JRJ04

Reaction score
the sensor is on the door latch on the side of the door where it closes and latches on to the door frame. just shoot some wd40 in that area and let it run down in there. open and close the door a few times and that should loosen up the sensor.

atk

Reaction score
the sensor is on the door latch on the side of the door where it closes and latches on to the door frame. just shoot some wd40 in that area and let it run down in there. open and close the door a few times and that should loosen up the sensor.

yeah what he said, when i wash the truck in the winter, i alwayys shoot some wd40 in the latches to keep them from freezing and having the interior
lights and door ajar light on.....

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
and if that doesn't work, the switches are only like $18 bucks each.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the help. I'm taking tomorrow off so I'll fix that first thing in the morning.

Reaction score
Buddies 99 had the same problem yer having turned out it was a bad cargo light in the third brake light. Replaced the bulbs cause the others were corroded and that fixed the problem.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced all the light bulbs. Sprayed some WD in the door and everything is working just fine now. Thanks for the help.

Jzinkiewicz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 02'f350 7.3. Dr ajar and dome lights acting up. I tried all the usually remedies, wd40, new dr switches both sides. which are a real pain to change all attempts to fix the lights and dr ajar. Turned out to be the instrument cluster. cost $700 and must be done by dealer because og the odometer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLUKAS