Diesel fumes coming through vents in cab

bigtruk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Greetings... Was wondering if anybody has had a problem with diesel fumes coming through all of the vents inside the cab?

My truck is a 2024 with just over 500 mi on it. Sometimes the smell is pretty strong but more often than not it's just slight but have a smokey film on my windshield..
I took it to my dealership and they can't find anything nor do they want to so I'm looking for answers, hopefully somebody else has had this problem and figured it out.
I would say this applies to also 2023 models as well... I greatly appreciate anybody's ideas or feedback.

rmwitt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is most likely a injector cup crack. This crack will allow fuel into the water, which of course, travels throughout the radiator and through the heater hoses. And you'll be able to smell the fuel in the cabin.

It's easy to diagnose fuel in the water. open the radiator cap to see/smell if there is any fuel.

Pinpointing the cracked cup is much more challenging. This really needs a professional with good diagnostic tools.

of course, once fixed, you must replace all heater/radiator issues and radiator cap. The fuel will cause all the rubber to deteriorate.

bigtruk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank You RMWITT I'll definitely look into that, it'll be easy to determine just by looking in the coolant reservoir, I appreciate your idea, makes total sense and is a good possibility.

If I find your idea to be true l'll be taking it to a reputable diesel truck shop and back charging Ford.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLUKAS