Help Needed High tranny pressure with tuner?

Tractorjunky

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just had my tranny rebuilt (2001 F250) and am getting high pressure readings (200psi+) in stock mode under normal driving conditions. These are inadvertent spikes while cruising.
I'm running a DP tuner and if I unplug the digital controller everything is cool,normal pressures,smooth shift etc.
I gave Jody ( Jody Tipton at DP tuner) a call and he explained to me that the tuner got its information to increase tranny pressure from the throttle angle and that it wasn't a problem with the tuner.
When I bought this truck used it had a Victor remote start and door lock system installed and wonder if this could be lending to the problem.
Any help or information would be great.

Tractorjunky

JRJ04

Reaction score
did you rebuild the tranny with beefier parts like a performance valve body or other components like that? The chip might not be programmed to read that.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remote start and door lock when properly installed will not interfere with the transmission at all. Seems to me that if you are having problems only when the chip is in that you have already done all of the diagnostics and the problem lies in the programming of the chip...

Is there any driveability problems or is there any reason that you are monitoring the transmission pressures. & what are you using to monitor the pressures?

I don't have a spec book for the 4r100 but the e4OD which is essentially the same internally puts the spec range for D/OD between 156 & 174 PSI at converter stall (it is stalled when you're driving) so you are not significantly over stock spec ranges and that is what the programming on the chip is going to do.

dpantazis

Reaction score
what you are telling us is that the new rebuilt tranny is not playing well with the chip program.

don't assume that the tranny rebuild was to the same spec as the old one.

was the rebuilt to stock specs or did it get beefed up? did you add a shift kit with stiffer springs? transgo plate? things like that? those are mechanical and don't provide any feedback to the PCM.

Tractorjunky

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
solution

Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna have the shop that did the rebuild get in touch with DP and see if they can come up with a solution.
I'm a tractor mechanic and this gets way out of my league.

Thanks again everyone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NattyGlee22