connecticut powerstroke diesel club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
is there a CEL on? sounds like a truck i changed an IDM on not too long ago. you can unplug the harnesses that go under the valve cover as a cut out test, and see if one side is totally dead.

Dshiftff

Black Sheep
Reaction score
the cel was on I thought you could get the codes through the odometer but couldnt get it to work.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
hey guys my friend who bought my old 03 7.3L 350 went to start it at work yesterday and it was running real rough, would only go like 25 mph no acceleration, etc. He changed the fuel filter and that didnt help at all. now this am he couldnt get it started at all. it has 60K on it and the time he drove it before this happened it ran fine. he has an international replacement CPS in it with like 30K on it. any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Jim

Running rough like it's running on 4 cylinders? If so check the connectors on the valve covers.

Dshiftff

Black Sheep
Reaction score
How about the pickup tube in the tank clogging,as them SD tanks are known to delaminate.:dunno Whats his fuel pressure at?

Running rough like it's running on 4 cylinders? If so check the connectors on the valve covers.

i have no idea of the fuel press, no gauge available. he said it had no power driving it home, and now today it wouldnt start. his cousin has a scanner he is going to pull the codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nitrohagen