ABS Light

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left work today and started the truck all gauge lights came on and then went off like always. But the ABS light came back on and now will not go off. Got home shut truck off and turned the key back on and the same thing happened. Anything that I can check to make this light go off. Really don't like it being on while driving down the road.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), sensor plugged into the top of the rear pumpkin. They very commonly go out.
Good luck!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Justin,

I think these are the fuses to check.

Damaged fuse(s)

* Power distribution box fuse maxi 14 (60A)
* Fuse junction panel
* Fuse 15 (5A)
* Fuse 29 (5A)
* Fuse 25 (5A)

And the VSS of course ;)

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big K guess you remembered the numbers HAHA will check it out in the morning. 34 and raining here right now. Suppost to be sunny and 60 tommorrow

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
LOL nope, can't remember everything but have good references and always know how to use them.

One of the BEST things I learned over the years ;)

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
mine does the same thing... but i notice that if it stays dry for a while then it will go off... but as soon as it rains... or i drive through some water or the truck wash... then it the light is back on...

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had the light come on until today. Wash the truck or drive in the rain light never came on.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
any wheel bearing noise? the ABS light is usually a good indication the front hub bearing is going out, the sensor ring (reluctor)eats the end off the sensor, check your DTC's that should point you in the right direction.... when u geting those new wheels ?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new rims already just waiting on tires. Have some good used tires on now just waiting to buy new Nittos. I checked all the hubs the other day when they were putting on the new wheels. All felt good but the front drive side did move alittle bit. Hoping to check things out tomorrow and I'll get the truck clean and take pics of the new rims. Went with 20's, but didn't get the rock stars was in bind and got an awsome price on these.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok