truck cranks but wotn start... Cam sensor????.. or what else??

kamaleon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fuel pump does not Come on when key is in the on position. i put my had over it to feel any vibrations and noting, dead silent..

So, if there is no other fuse, relay or what not that would prevent the pump from turning on.. i think the pump is bad...

whould the pcm sense that the pump is bad and? lit the service engine soon light and turn off the WTS light?

I also noticed the tach registered 'once' some rpms (it went up then down) while on a long crank..

kamaleon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
Have you checked the batteries? It may be the battery itself bubbling. If you have a bad one then charging it wont cut it. Replace it, AND the other battery at the same time. The old battery will drag down and wear out the new one if you don't.

Try jump starting the truck.

battery is not bubling.. what bubles seems to be the abs pump right under the driver's side battery for 2-3 secs when the key its put in the on position.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
kamaleon said:
Opened the fuel filter.. there is fuel there alright, when i put the cap back there was more fuel than when i took it out.
kamaleon said:
Fuel pump does not Come on when key is in the on position. i put my had over it to feel any vibrations and noting, dead silent..

So, if there is no other fuse, relay or what not that would prevent the pump from turning on.. i think the pump is bad...

Then its not your fuel pump :dunno

At this point I'm done guessing how to fix your truck over the Internet without the codes I asked for in the beginning:sorry

kamaleon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I even went to buy a code reader.. auto part store didnt guaranteed that it would read the code, just that ti should, and its a non returnable item... Dont mind buying the device but dotn want to risk not been able to read the code like in that other place.

If the pump does not come on when i put the switch on the on position and fuses are fine... what rules out the pump from being the culprit? cumputer? relay? dunno..

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
If the fuel bowl is full, then the fuel pump is working and not the problem.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kamaleon said:

whould the pcm sense that the pump is bad and? lit the service engine soon light and turn off the WTS light?

I also noticed the tach registered 'once' some rpms (it went up then down) while on a long crank..
If you think the pump is bad, the drain the fuel bowl and put the lid back on, cycle the key then check the bowl again and see if there is any fuel in the bowl. IF the pump is bad it has no effect on the wts light, that is the glow plugs. The ses light would not stay on either.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
kamaleon, so someone wants to sell you an analyzer/code reader that may or may not work and is non-returnable. So if he sells you a piece of crap, he won't take it back if it don't work? I'd run the other direction NOW!!

May I suggest at this point instead of this endless guessing, you fill in some info about yourself and where you are located. Many of us have code readers/ analyzers that'll tell you exactly what the problem is. Myself I have an Autoenginuity. But in order for anybody to help you, we need to know if any of us live in your neck of the woods.

kamaleon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I laughed at the guys and left the store..

I'm in Atlanta, Georgia.. Dunwoody area to be more precise..

I might just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.. Cant be without the truck for too long..

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
kamaleon said:
I might just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.. Cant be without the truck for too long..

Before you do that, drain filter bowl and cycle the key a couple times. Then check to see if it's full again. You can also disconnect the quick connect(special tool required) fitting on the pressure side of the pump, connect a hose to it down into a bucket and see how much fuel it pumps in a minute.

kamaleon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip rooster.. where can i get that tool?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok