Tranny help

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, got some new info....towed my enclosed trailer this weekend, and since i was towing something pretty big i put my edge to level 2 ( tow) i pulled the trailer from a buddy's house to my shop, then drove around on level 2 for a bit, which i normally dont do...all of a sudden, the harsh lock up is gone?????? I had her to the wood, and it just hit the gears, locked up, not even a slight jolt, just nice firm shifts, wastegate opening the slightest bit on each upshift( i love that noise, lol) It was truly the first time i felt the difference with the converter. Now before the converter if i put the truck on level 4 or 5 it would do that harsh lockup, but not on level 3....now with the converter its mad on level three too....weird to me....the guys at suncoast say its the converter they give to guys with minor upgrades and a chip or tuner, maybe level 3 and up is little too much power then the average tuner/chip and its pissed?...like when i had the stock one in...?? Very weird to me, i'm gonna talk to dave over at ats hopfully tomorrow and let him know about the new news and see if he still thinks a chip will help the higher levels, maybe its just too tight for the higher levels so when it locks it BAMMMMMMS, lol...?? Well, thought i'd share....i love the damn thing now though, lol...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok