Help Needed throttle position sensor?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
that's a right handy piece of information...
I'm gonna check the wiring diagrams today and see if I can figure out the why..

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More info --
The fuse #45 keeps blowing. I pulled out the airbag assy and found no wires chafed there. I finally figured it was happening when I pushed the tranny lever, usually from drive to park, ... so with care I got so I could put it into/outa gear w/o blowing the fuse which made the commute more enjoyable.

Last night I pulled apart the column (I searched these pages and a few years back T-bar had an OD switch problem with some helpful pix). Sure enough, the 3-wire line that runs up to the OD button had chafed thru to metal. I'm gonna split the cable and see if I can bully it up this a.m.

The basic cable routing is ok, but they should have used a tougher cable sheathing since its rubbing against the cast aluminum spider constantly.

Back together and taking for a test ride..

edit: see -- Fuse # 45 keeps blowing 2002 SD 7.3L 4x4 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks and Cars for symptom description

I want to thank CKyle and DPantzis for their help with wiring/fuses/relays! You guys are great!

While it's apart...anything else to look for or "improve"??

Last edited:

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a throttle position sensor from Ben at Wabash here:
throttle position sensor, f250 pick-up - 1999-07 super duty - 1999-07 SUPER DUTY
99-04 $68.56 $37.02

Was this just the sensor or the pedal assembly? How many wires on the one you used? Looking for all info I can get before I have to order. Thanks

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the whole enchilada...and different from the original. And the one you quoted is not the one I ended up getting...Ben called me and said that was not what it seemed, and sent me:
1C3Z*9F836*C 56003 Pedal $77.10
It was so much different from the original that I thought that I got the wrong version. But it did fit after some head scratching.

BUT -- that wasn't my problem. I didn't need to change it! It was just the OD cable shorting out on the column. So if you're looking for a good used TPS assy, PM me!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NattyGlee22