Remote Keyless entry not working.

willedriver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2000 F-350 crewcab from a private party and when I got it home, discovered the keyless entry only works on the drivers door. And the electric locks don't work on the other 3 doors either. I would like to work on them myself but I don't know how to get the door panels off. I discovered a bolt behind the red lens on the doors and taking it out loosens up the panel a bit, but I'm not sure what to do next. Any help?? Thanks, Ken

Last edited:

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
remove the power window switch panel, there is a screw behind there,then lift straight up on the panel about an inch, should come right off. hope i didn't forget a screw. (maybe someone else will confirm) Good luck

willedriver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I did get the panel off one of the doors, but then there is a layer of some kind of sound deadening material with sticky stuff on the back. Just pull it off??? will it restick itself later? Besides the electric locks not working, I have a "door ajar" light on the dash all the time and it's keeping my dome lights on. There must be a micro switch somewhere, but I haven't been able to locate it. I'm starting to think this might be a job for a body shop...

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
im not terribly familiar with the ford setup, but with the systems i do know about, if you have a door ajar (false signal or not) it will render the RKE useless. i'd fix that first, and try the locks then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok