Problem with balancing tires?

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
Update,

I got tired of a vibration and the truck pulling to the left a little so i took it to the dealership to get alingment done and balance the tires. they call me back and said the upper and lower ball joints on the right side were about to fall apart and the tires were wayyy out of balance, they said one wheel had 3oz too much. so i asked them how they balance them. they said they put the cone on first then the wheel. That is the problem sam's isn't doing so if any one has their wheels balanced make sure they put the cone on first.

Toptech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
all a road force machine does is
1. Seat the beads, like I already discussed
2. find the high and low spots, like I just discussed
3. does it quicker.

Not true. A Hunter 9700 Roadforce balancer checks the radial run-out of the tire and the wheel. It also identifies variations in sidewall stiffness and then suggests the proper alignment of the tire on the wheel. I have used this machine for a few years now and can tell you with certainty that you can't match a tire to a wheel better than it can (or as good for that matter). You also can't measure sidewall stiffness variation at all without it. A tire with no radial run-out that is properly balanced can still cause vibration if sidewall stiffness variation is excessive. If you want it done right, find someone with a Hunter 9700 that knows how to use it. You will be amazed at the difference in ride quality you will notice. Just my $.02

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
Not true. A Hunter 9700 Roadforce balancer checks the radial run-out of the tire and the wheel. It also identifies variations in sidewall stiffness and then suggests the proper alignment of the tire on the wheel. I have used this machine for a few years now and can tell you with certainty that you can't match a tire to a wheel better than it can (or as good for that matter). You also can't measure sidewall stiffness variation at all without it. A tire with no radial run-out that is properly balanced can still cause vibration if sidewall stiffness variation is excessive. If you want it done right, find someone with a Hunter 9700 that knows how to use it. You will be amazed at the difference in ride quality you will notice. Just my $.02

AMEN

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe the tire was walking around some and i believe the wheel might have been walking some on the machine.

the dot on the sidewall is something new for me. Thats good info to know.

it was a young kid that was doing it at first then a OLDER GREY HEADED GUYguy came over and he is the one that got the first one to balance. then i guess he told the young guy how to do it and he watched as the young guy did the rest. i can say the young guy was the first guy in 2 years that actually waited until the glow plug light went out to start it. I have had 12 sets of bfg at's and most of the those didn't require much work to get them balanced.

Seeeeee...;tu ;tu us "Older Grey Headed Guys" are still good at stuff sometimes :lmao :lmao :lmao

This Post has been informative, and at the right time too..I'm get'n 4 new rear tires tomorro.. I'm guna look for that Dot.. (and git the Older Grey Headed Guy to mount'n Balance'm) ;)

That "Dot" was good info JLD.;tu ;tu Thanks

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah, kinda schooled me too. great info to be had here.

i gotta say tho that discount tire who did my nitto mounting seems to know what they are doing as i've had no issues...

keep us informed matt?!?! as for the ball joints - been there done that..costly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok