Lockers Anyone?

Andrew B

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks:
Do you have any advice on running a locker in the rear axle of a 2006 F-350 4x4? I have been doing some research and like the Eaton Elocker and the OX cable shift.
Any help/advice/experiences are greatly appreciated.
Peace
Andrew

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Did you ever consider and ARB air locker?? They're great kits, but do require mounting air compressor and run lines. Just a suggestion. If not, then Detroit. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run a full blown detroit locker in the F&R of my early 90's 4runner. I drove it daily and had a 5spd. It actually had better road manners than I'd ever expect. I went from Open diff to it and couldn't really tell the difference. I'm debating putting a detroit locker in the rear of my FX4.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
What is a no spin? A Tru-trac?

that is what Detroit called their top of the line full case automatic locker, or at least it was a few years ago when i built jeeps. May have changed the name now :dunno the truetrac is a limited slip

Last edited:

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ox locker is garbage. they say it's bullet-proof but for the fork to move and lock the two haves together you have to rock back in forth learned this the hard way at EJS. the eaton is the same as a detroit w/selectability in case you didn't know eaton owns detroit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok