Lack of power

vinceismyhero

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 FX4 6.0 supercab with terrible low end power after start up. I have had this problem for a while and can't seem to fix it. Had the EGR replaced and what i think was a reflash (something to do with cold starts) from the dealer. It seemed to run better right after i had that done but now it is going back to the way it was before. After startup I can stomp on the throttle and the rpm's SLOWLY rise. For example, leaving my neighborhood today I pulled out onto the main road and I almost got run over because I could not get up to speed fast enough. Once I get up to speed I have plenty of power. Same goes for towing my boat. Pulling it out of the lake is a dog but towing it home is no problem. It's almost the engine is cold but its 100 degrees here right now so I know thats not it. What do you guys think? Will unplugging the EGR help? Any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it without just adding a chip/tuner?

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
try plugging the truck in at night, even though it's not that cold out..

sounds exactly what mine would do when the injectors were shot...

the new ones made a world of difference

vinceismyhero

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've tried plugging it in when it was colder. No real difference. How much does new injectors cost? Is there some way I can try to clean the injectors with something like Seafoam?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Check ICP sensor and pigtail going to it. Also IPR. Need to run codes to see whats up. Adding a tuner won't do much if truck isn't mechanically sound. I'd unplug the egr if truck was running right or not.

Last edited:

Coastal6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What help does unpluging the EGR offer? More perf. or it'll never break? Not being a smart ass, just wondering.

vinceismyhero

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ICP has been replaced less than a year ago. Not sure about the IPR. How do I go about unplugging the EGR? Once it's unplugged should I notice any difference in performance?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Unplug egr? Shut key off, remove plug. Start, drive, enjoy. Do it, then you tell me how it runs. :sly

Coastal6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where is the EGR on the 6.0. Just changed one today on a 4.6 F150 and it was next to the throttlebody. I guess i'm just not seeing it.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the EGR on the 6.0. Just changed one today on a 4.6 F150 and it was next to the throttlebody. I guess i'm just not seeing it.

Try right next to the oil filter(7 oclock if your looking at the top of the filter) It has the wiring plug/harness sticking out of the top. I unplugged mine and had no light come on....plus she runs way better!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLUKAS