Japan Earthquake and Tsunami......

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
doesnt mean anything but i was alive and in the area for the three mile island accident

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The out come of this is not going to be really good for any of us. When they start rebuilding concrete, wood, steel and a crap load of other thing are going to go nuts price wize. Like when china was building there dam you could not get concrete and the cost when crazzy. :eek:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
The out come of this is not going to be really good for any of us. When they start rebuilding concrete, wood, steel and a crap load of other thing are going to go nuts price wize. Like when china was building there dam you could not get concrete and the cost when crazzy. :eek:

yard of crete here is 95 buckaroos, down from 165 last summer :clap:

DP thanks for the insight, i read last night the newest plant here was built almost 40 years ago in tn and is still awaiting turn on.

8.0 is an enormous amount of energy release, it took me about 1/2 hr to get my brain around the scope of the power.
WHOLLY cow

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always kinda been a supporter of Nuclear power, to get away from Fossil Fuels. But Now.. after this..I'm beginning to question it all.

Wind Turbines can fall over, Solar arrays could collapse, Hydro-electric can breach, or fail.. but Nuclear Powered [anything] seems to have catastrophic Returns, that we can't predict.. even in what WE think, is a Worst Case Scenario.

I only hope WE, collectively, learn from this, and re-think some things ?

Hmmmm :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is one of the reasons that California only has TWO nuclear plants. If any of the other generation plants fails, melts, bursts or falls down, it will only do limited damage, and not hurt the areas surrounding it, like nuclear power. The price is too much for us to bear.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we have 4 plant here in florida that are on line now and one thats is to be coming on line next month and teco power is talking about building another plant.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
What is the radiation threat to us? Is it any worse than when the we bombed them is WWII? I really would like to know how bad it could get!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We won't see any significant radiation here in the North American Continent. Anything that would make it this far east would be washed into the ocean by the rains. There will be traces of this radiation all over the world, but no harm will come from this, here.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NattyGlee22