Head studs and gaskets

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of putting head studs on the truck. Which head gaskets should I go with and where is the best place to get these items?

Scott

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few questions...

1. Why? you are no where near the level that 7.3s pop heads... Waste of money unless you have something else planned

2. If you have something else planned the what? That will tell us what kind of studs and if fire ringing it might be better.

Stock Heads hold to about 40#'s, your making what 30-32?

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will not need headstuds... with that set up you will be close to 38-40#'s but the drive pressures will be low so you will be fine. If you feel you need studs then do it with factory gaskets... But its a very hard deal to do, two options, pull the motor or jack the cab up...

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wont need headstuds with stage 2's and h2e. I ran that combo for along time on stock bolts.

MayhemJay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine with no studs, I ran stage 2's and the H2E with a ton of propane. Broke 3 rods before of even thinking of popping the head gaskets!

amjperformance.c

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stock head bolts are fine for stage 2's. If you want to put studs in to be safe anyway only use the new stock head gaskets. They are holding 50psi on several of our customers' trucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok