Question Fuel Pumps

rjblaylock

Toy Haulin'
Reaction score
Fuel Pump and injectors

I have a 7.3 L with a Banks Quick Turbo, Vallant Cool Air Systems, 4 inch exhaust straight pipe, Air Dog 150 fuel proprietor and transmission work and planning on doing injectors looking for the best fuel pump and injector set up. Can anyone help?

rjblaylock

Toy Haulin'
Reaction score
Fuel Pump

Thanks for the info - can you tell me what kind of hp you are running? I am estimated at around 500 hp with a 1/2 inch fuel line and am worried about fuel rail pressure. Is the Walbro enough pump at 50gph? I was looking at the Raptor 150 but it is alot more money.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year truck do you have?? 1/2" fuel worked well on the obs trucks do to the mechanical fuel pump..with the amount of restriction in the head of these trucks..i dont think you will use more then 50 GPH. i know a couple guy's running 50 GPH fuel lab fuel pumps running 600 HP..

rjblaylock

Toy Haulin'
Reaction score
I failed to mention the SCT custom programer that produces 110 hp at the wheels also banks six gun at 65 hp which i leave set stock .

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well all the programing in the world won't help if the injectors can't keep up with the demand. I may be mistaken but I don't beleive the stock injectors can make 500hp unless your using NOS or propane. I don't think the stock injectors can even make 400 hp thats been the biggest hold back for powerstrokes is trying to get the fuel in

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well all the programing in the world won't help if the injectors can't keep up with the demand. I may be mistaken but I don't beleive the stock injectors can make 500hp unless your using NOS or propane. I don't think the stock injectors can even make 400 hp thats been the biggest hold back for powerstrokes is trying to get the fuel in

i agree....the stock HPOP and stock injectors wont let you get much over 350 HP if your lucky.... your custom chip has taken over the PCM..so your six gun is about worthless..not a good idea to stack with custom tunes any ways..your tuner has asked about all it can from your truck..banks is old school..the biggest kit they have for our truck will only get you 350 HP total.. the mods in my sig has me at about 435 HP and about 890 FT LB of TQ if you add the HP rating of all my mods together..hell i would have over 1000 HP lol..it just doesnt work that way...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moose