Fuel leak?

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey big joe. Like I told clint, the bowl delete is supposed to rid fuel of any air AND provide better filtration. So far so good I havent had any filtered fuel problems. For getting rid of air in the lines you can always do the tank mod.

Plus with the bowl delete you also have to add aftermarket filter setups =$$

Quieten down the injectors? Possibly. Keep air out of the fuel for ALOT less $$ with the tank mod? Definitely!

Worth $800 ? Just to MAYBE lengthen the life of your injectors? Your call.

I can't justify it when I know of alot of trucks making 400-500,000 miles on the stock setup.

I'd rather save that $$ for new injectors when/if I need them.

All this reading about it makes it seem like a huge judgement call. After all, you know your truck better then anyone else.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha guys ;tu

Another option for purging air out of the fuel supply.

After seeing the "Rube Goldberg" set up in the Tanks, and the Pressure fitting.. used on the Suction side of the fuel pump... I'll stick with what I've done..;):lmao

Yer right though.. It's just another one of them.. "Yer Truck","Yer Call" deals.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out his link

Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

do i need to remove the torx screws on the left or right?

I'm guessing the port adapter is to add a fuel pressure gauge?

Yes, all 4 torx screws.

1. Drain the fuel bowl.

2. Remove the 4 torx screws.

3. Dress the new O rings with diesel, R&R the old valve assembly with the new one. (Tighter.. is NOT Better, on the torx screws)

4. Cycle the key 3-4 times to refill the fuel bowl.

Done Deal.

Joe

Yes, the two ports are for a fuel pressure gauge option.

Last edited:

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
3. Dress the new O rings with diesel, R&R the old valve assembly with the new one. (Tighter.. is NOT Better, on the torx screws

Big joe, you said remove and replace the old valve assembly with the new one. I thought i was only replacing o rings?

Sorry for the newb questions.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3. Dress the new O rings with diesel, R&R the old valve assembly with the new one. (Tighter.. is NOT Better, on the torx screws

Big joe, you said remove and replace the old valve assembly with the new one. I thought i was only replacing o rings?

Sorry for the newb questions.

If you get the rebuild [Kit].. you get the whole assembly.. everything that comes off.. after you remove the screws.

NO newb questions here guy. Yer learning stuff. Ya can't learn... if ya don't ask questions.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the actual o-ring sizes? I have access to a lot of o-rings at work and might have the right size. If I could afford to be down a truck for a while, I would just pull them out and match them up. Just figured I would ask first.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drain Stem is # -013. ( You need 1) Actual valve o-ring size is -202. ( You need 2) <---- Those are ASE. Dash Numbers for anyone who doesnt know.

Here is a chart. Powerstroke O-Ring Chart

Make sure you get VITON they will last longer, or Flouromaster if available.

Also check the durometer number and make sure they match up. Most are 90 but some are 75 IIRC.

I think I have ordered just about all of them for these trucks but I had to order them in bulk.

Between what I have used, have in my glovebox, and have given away to other members, I figured I have stuck it to the stealerships pretty good.:D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moose