Help Needed code 31 rear axle non LS

rudolphvan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
greetings fellow enthusiasts, it turns out I have a code 31 non limited slip 3.73 ratio rear end. my 4 wheel drive traction suxs. Is it possible to get a limited slip (posi) unit for my trucks rear end? My driveway is over 300 yards of pretty steep gravel and i hate to kick it up when the wifes Subaru doesn't spin a tire. I also plow with the truck and need the traction, i use chains when I have to. Any of you Ford fans know of a good solution?
rudolphvan (diesel that is ;))

dpantazis

Reaction score
i may have drank too much egg nog, or its the propane fumes getting to me, but if you put a limited slip in the back, should you put one in the front too?

i remember it being an option/requirement somehow.

rudolphvan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i'm not sure if you have to put the same in front or not....i would if there is a drop in fix, thanks for the input.
RVD

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
i may have drank too much egg nog, or its the propane fumes getting to me, but if you put a limited slip in the back, should you put one in the front too?

i remember it being an option/requirement somehow.

you don't "have" to..
but the Moab trail guys do..
but theirs are usually electric or air lockers..

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
wait.... posi wasn't a stock feature for these trucks????

I know when I put in synthetic rear end fluid I put in half of what the friction modifier and that was all the "locking" I wanted. :dunno

Reaction score
The best solution for the front is a lunch box locker. Real easy to install and they only run about 200 bucks. None of the trucks are truly 4wd at most they are 3wd.

Fine69

Reaction score
wait.... posi wasn't a stock feature for these trucks????

I know when I put in synthetic rear end fluid I put in half of what the friction modifier and that was all the "locking" I wanted. :dunno

No, Limited Slip is now and has been an option. Ford only puts a Limited slip in the rear diff, fronts are open.

rudolphvan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
By 'open' in the front you mean they (Ford) doesn't put any limited slip in the front diff.? My education has been sadly neglected
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what there is around locally (not much) and then order something out of the good ol' USA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLUKAS