Better performance AND Better Mileage Help needed

Mr. Thomas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 F350, 7.3, 4wd, Auto .
I use it EVERYDAY to haul new trailers to dealers all over America and Canada - about 3,500 to 5,000 miles each week.
I use between 75 and 90 GALLONS of fuel EVERYDAY. My over-all mileage is 10 MPG.
What can I do to get better performance and better mileage?
Can I put a different TurboCharger on it?
Can I ADD another TurboCharger TO it?
What if I made up some sort of "splitter" and ran a TurboCharger of EACH side and run the air down the one chute?
I don't do well with compyter stuff so, please, bear with me.
Thanks - SnT

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Intake filter kit like the AFE Stage II,4" Exhaust system like one from Magnaflow or MBRP,Performance switchable chip such as one from Total Diesel Performance or DP Tuner and most importantly to go with the chip/tuner is Gauges(EGT,Transmission & boost):sweet

There's many other low cost/free mods that can be done to accompany the intake,exhaust and tunes mods:cool:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I use it EVERYDAY to haul new trailers to dealers all over America and Canada - about 3,500 to 5,000 miles each week.

Good thing you don't have to run a log book ;)

Opening up the intake and exhaust will help like they said above. A custom tuned chip specially tuned for mileage may also help with the mileage.

ZooDad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You did not state what gears you have. 3.73 or 4.10.
Or how fast you are traveling, crusing RPM ?

I ended up getting a Gear Vendors for when I tow. Mostly to split 2-3 and 3-4. Can't really give you a definately MPG, but the truck pulls better.

And definately what what was said above. Open IN open OUT !:)

ZooDad

amjperformance.c

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You would be looking at a good tow chip, air intake, and exhaust for best mileage.

Next step could be a bigger turbo but gets more pricey.

Let us know if we can help you any more. This should get you going in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Correy01