atf

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Below is the Super Tech outboard 2 cycle oil that I bought to put in my truck.

Did I get the right one?

I admit, I am alittle worried about doing this. Should I be?

Sorry for all the questions.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bama.. FWIW ? I've found that buying Super-Tech 2 cycle oil in the 16 oz bottles makes it a touch easier to add the right amount.

For the initial dose, I ran my tank down to almost empty, added 2 16oz bottles and topped of the tank.... from then on.... I fill up at a half a tank and dump in 1 16oz bottle..

Also easier to handle. the 16oz'rs fit & dump right in the filler port/cap.

:dunno

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey Bama.. FWIW ? I've found that buying Super-Tech 2 cycle oil in the 16 oz bottles makes it a touch easier to add the right amount.

For the initial dose, I ran my tank down to almost empty, added 2 16oz bottles and topped of the tank.... from then on.... I fill up at a half a tank and dump in 1 16oz bottle..

Also easier to handle. the 16oz'rs fit & dump right in the filler port/cap.

:dunno

I thought about that while I was studying over it at Wally World last night.

I bought a funnel that I can fill up the correct amount, stick the tube in the hole, and then open up funnel to let it go down the drain.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any more results on using this in the 6.0. I have thought about it but didn't want to pull the trigger yet. Is the fuel mileage that much better that it offsets the extra cost of the oil? I wouldn't even really care about extra cost if it prolongs the injector / engine life.

For you guys that do us the 2 cycle oil, does it make the truck smoke more?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Kevin, I poured my first use of the 2 cycle oil in yesterday and saw no evidence of smoke of any kind.

I could tell a diff. in the engine sound, it did seem some what smoother sounding.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steven, I really don't want to add any more smoke and a quieter engine would be a plus, although i don't feel our 6.0's are all that loud. I will be interested to see what your mileage will be (as I am sure you are interested to see as well). thanks for the update.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steven, I really don't want to add any more smoke and a quieter engine would be a plus, although i don't feel our 6.0's are all that loud. I will be interested to see what your mileage will be (as I am sure you are interested to see as well). thanks for the update.

me too, me too!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NattyGlee22