Anyone else into tropical fish?

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here into tropical fish? I have had fish since I was 10 (36 now). I have had everything from goldfish to discus.

My current fascination is with African cichlids. Frontosas especially! I got a 210 gallon in the garage just waiting to come in the house this spring that will house them. I have 23 of them now growing out and plan on a colony of say 8 -13.

I also have a 125 with mixed africans, a 30 with a gorgeous Jack Dempsey, a 10 with some baby Pseudotropheus Demasonis growing in it and a 55 gallon community.

I swear, if I had the room and the money I would have 1000's of gallons of fish. And talk about relaxing............;tu

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I really used to be into fish about 10 years ago, three different tanks at one point in time, both salt and fresh. My pride and joy were two very large oscars that were literally like pets. Also had a cichlid tank and my son now has a cichlid in his room.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I had lots of Discus over the years in a 150gal with a 20gal arobic sump filter.

One of my favorite fish were the Black Nose Knife fish.............grew some big ones 10"-12" that used to eat right out of my hand.

Tbar

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ive got a 48 gallon tank.i had around 15 fish in it but my mother somehow managed to kill all but one.i like those neon fish.the ones that have the red or blue stripe that glows.when i get my own place again i think im gonna go get around 20 of them little neon fish.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Right now we're into fancy guppies. Have a 10 gal, a 5 gal tank. Fighting with an apple snail infestation right now. There's about 30 guppies, two plecos and a few other random tetras swimmin' around. I need a bigger tank.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure wish the wife liked fish tanks. Use to have a 100 gal with all sorts of Wal-mart specials. Had lots of neons, some different ones and then a betta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok