AFE Stage II installed!

JRJ04

Reaction score
I've heard K&N filters being referred to as "squirrel traps" because of the size of the particles they allow to enter the engine/turbo. Haven't got any basis on this besides my memory, and if it serves me correctly, it was from people who knew something about something.

Dave is right about the k&n. the drop in filter had a rubber gasket around it that was too thick for the factor air box. what happened is that it would eventually put a great amount of stress on the clips and weaken them. this eventually led to it not sealing correctly, and thus sucking dirt. i have the k&n intake kit and have had no problems at all. everytime i take the filter off, i take a clean white rag and wipe the inside of the intake tube and its as clean as a whistle. only complaint i have about the kit is that the rubber weather-stripping that came with it to seal up against the hood has torn. i cant find anything else like this. anyone know where to get it?

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHP - suggest you go ahead and spend another $30 and get the filter cover. You'll be really glad after running through some insect swarms. It really stops the big stuff! :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thanks RSG,I should have ordered the prefilter when I purchased the AFE kit,time to get on the phone for one:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rukirok