Warn 16.5ti Installation Problem

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
Hello - I recenly purchased a Warn 16.5ti and plan on installing it myself. I 'm having some trouble with the wiring, there is one that I am stumped on. It's the small red wire coming out of the dual wiring harness with the 'eye ring' connector on the end that plugs directly into the winch motor. Call me stupid, but I have NO idea as to where it is supposed to go. Check out the small red wire in the picture. Any info will help...Thanks!!

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm stumped. Mine does not have anything like that. Mine has a ground cable and a power cable, then the remote. What do you have that plugs into that harness?

Barrett

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Is that the remote plug in the picture? If you look at the Schematic that big K posted up you will see that at the very bottom it shows the red from the remote connected to ground via a T. Looking at that plug it looks to be a two wire plug with three wires coming out thus creating the T. I am confused as to why Warn would use Red for ground? I would give Warn a call before I hooked it up. Warn - 1-800-543-9276

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
There should be 2 other wires coming out of that plug. Should be 3, not 1. if memory serves thats the hot feed for the remote.

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
ok..here's a little better picture. The wiring harness off of the electrical block obviously plugs into the wiring harness coming off of the winch itself. But where does the 2nd red wire between the green and the red wire coming out the harness on the electrical block go? Could it be a 12v wire to hook up a cigarette lighter adapter?? I don't want to wire the winch up to my truck without this one hooked up if it is important.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As short as it is, and judging from the location and schematic, it looks like a ground to me, too. Of course, i would call Warn and get their opinion.

TLO11

Papermaker
Reaction score
Yeah, I've sent an email to them but haven't gotten a response yet. I guess I'll have to call. I'll let ya'll know what they say...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14