Rear end clunking

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2003 F-350 crew cab 4x4 . During left turns and occasional bumps on roads I get a clunking from the rear end. Sounds like an axle shaft or the limited slip. Could use any suggestions.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that the sound is travelling and makes you think it's coming from the rear. Check all your suspension bushings, make sure all of your shocks are good. I had a clunk I hunted down on another vehicle made by those wonderful GM people and what sounded like it was coming from the front ended up being a separated bushing on the crossmember in the middle of it. Look for dried or cracked and separating rubber bushings especially on the radius arms where they connect to the frame and front axle. Just my .02

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
during LEFT turns................my guess is sway bar links and bushings.....

lots of guys with the same complaint and same end result..

as stated - check these - they are prolly worn out...

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I crawled under my truck to check all of the bushings. Everything looked good so I started shaking underbody components, I found the clamp on my dowmpipe was bad and I had a bad hanger. No clunking since, thanks for the advice. I sometimes forget that even though my truck was made by the best truck producing company, that I should still look under it every once and a while

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Way to go man
We think that these trucks are to be driven hard, but they are almost human, they scream and shake to let us know they are alive (almost human) ha ha ha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14