low sulfer fuel

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, This problem has been driving me nuts. All the noise thats been coming from my motor do to the ultra low sulfer fuel. Been checking around and have been told by Bill at powerstrokehelp.com that adding either lucas or Stanadyne is a must to keep the damage down from the ULSD. What have you guys been doing for this if anything?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Additive

I use Power Service diesel fuel suppliment with cetane boost. Use it at every fill up and it's kept my fuel system running strong for the 3 years and 60,000 miles I've owned my truck. But I don't pay for it and probably wouldn't use it if I had to. Testing at my school has shown severe o-ring and mileage issues with the ULSD but what can you do :dunno. Goverment regulated emissions and it's only going to get worse :rant

vanguy67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I fuel up with biodiesel whenever possible. The bio supposedly has better lubricity than ULSD. I can definitely hear the difference between B20 biodiesel and ULSD. I have also used 2-cycle oil from Walmart when I couldn't find biodiesel. I hate adding something to my fuel that Ford didn't recommend but International didn't design my engine to run on ULSD! What to do??

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like biodiesel but the place here stop selling it if your not getting 250gals. or more.

vanguy67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Try the 2-cycle oil at Walmart. 'bout $10 a gallon but it's cheaper than a ring job. I use about 1 oz per gallon. Really seems to quiet the rattling.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the 2-cycle oil at Walmart. 'bout $10 a gallon but it's cheaper than a ring job. I use about 1 oz per gallon. Really seems to quiet the rattling.

Ive used the Walmart TC-W3 as well as Mercruiser and Bombardier 2 stroke oils at the 1 oz per gallon ratio. Just make sure it is low ash. Sure does seem to quiet the knock considerably.

I ran B100 in a TDI VW and it definitely made a difference for 229,000 miles.;tu

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
as mentioned, two-stroke oil is a cheap "fix" for low fuel lubricity..
use Diesel Kleen in the white bottle if you want a cetane boost as well..

I use two-stroke oil at the rate of a quart per fill-up

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I recently started using the Super Tech Outboard 2-cycle TC-W3 engine oil from Wal-mart and can already tell a difference. sure is alot quieter. Check this out:

Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place

Very interesting stuff, to me anyways. According to this, Biodiesel has the highest lubrication properties. I only run the stuff from walmart (#7 on the list in the study) cause i haven't got around to ordering the Opti-lube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14