Help Needed Looking for info on backseats

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the backseat in my crew cab. Currently I have the seat that tilts forward to allow you to store stuff behind it. I would like a split bench that the seat lifts up from the back to expose a flat metal surface for my tools/ materials. So I am looking for the year of truck so I can narrow my search at the bone yards. I need the split bench so I don't have to take out the car seat. Thanks in advance for any help.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused:
you mean like the jump seats out of an F150?

No, I want a full backseat. I have a real four door Crew cab with a full backseat but it doesn't fold down to expose a flat metal surface or have the seat cushion fold over to protect the beautiful leather. I am looking at replacing the backseat to haul tools that I can't leave in the bed of my truck. ;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I've got the same interior, and you're right, the seat just flips forward but does not fold flat, like a stow-n-go on a Caravan or Odyssey..
not sure an animal like this exists for our trucks unless it's something custom built.. problem is, the fuel tank is under the cab on the left side, and the muffler on the right...

Last edited:

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was sure that some of the '05's and later had that as an option or maybe I'm wrong. I seem to remember looking at a newer truck and thinking that that backseat option is for me. The dealer is no help, they don't have descriptions on their order numbers so there is no way to search unless you have a specific year. Salvage yards are worse that way.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rog, don't know if this would help you any but it would sure help me by getting a bench seat outta my living room! (my wife would be greatful too)

I replaced the bench seat in my truck with two buckets & console recently. I think I've got the exact seat you're looking for- 60/40 split bench, fold down armrest in middle, backs fold down, and seats fold up w/ metal platform that folds out. It's '08 KR leather, so the colors might not work for ya (unless you have it recovered to match or use seat covers?). It's in perfect condition- not a scratch, rip, or stain anywhere! I just swapped it 'cause we don't have kids (and aren't *planning* on any), and I never haul anything inside except for the occasional passenger. Let me know if you're interested- I'll PM ya for prices and try to work out something with shipping. Just an option!

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
The seat EmptyDub has is the split fold rear bench that you are looking for and it is called the "Flex Fold" rear seat and was available on 2004 and newer crew cab trucks. It was standard on all XLT and Lariat trucks unless optioned with the rear bucket seats in the King Ranch or Harley Trucks. I am also looking for one of these seats and after some comparisons to a friends 05 crewcab, I believe the only difference between the trucks is an extra set of seat mount holes on the floor at the front edge of the seat. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14