code u1262

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does any one know what this code is ,I got my autoenginuty going and this is the code that comes up.u1262 ,,it tell's me it is scp(j1850)communication bus falt instr clstr,,, What does that mean???:thanks

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I would check the connections or the rear of the instrument cluster.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
When I pull up that code on my AE it gives the same description but without the "intr clustr" part.

It may be something with the OBD port. If you watch the initialization process when it finds the port I think the type Ford uses is J1850***. Can't really remember. If you look under the "communication configurations" page that's found under "vehicle" menu, there is a menu for "vehicle interface type." There are two types that have J1850***, that's why I think you have a OBD port problem.

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I pull up that code on my AE it gives the same description but without the "intr clustr" part.

It may be something with the OBD port. If you watch the initialization process when it finds the port I think the type Ford uses is J1850***. Can't really remember. If you look under the "communication configurations" page that's found under "vehicle" menu, there is a menu for "vehicle interface type." There are two types that have J1850***, that's why I think you have a OBD port problem.

Yes i see what you are saying!! on the drop down interface ,i have it set at auto.which one do i use -pwm or vpw,,?I had to set the intialzation type Non OBD-II only , to get it to read the truck .OBD II compliant does not work

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I use auto detect. I don't remember which one shows up once it's detected.

Which version are you using? I'm assuming 4.3 or higher since you are using non-OBDII initialization. Older versions had a "Powerstroke" initialization but now we use the one you have selected. So all that seems right. You did get the Ford Bundle right?

Does your cig lighter work? If it doesn't the OBD port doesn't have any power but I don't think it will connect if it doesn't have power.

Check this for some tips...ITP's AE Tips Page also may try ITP's forums since Dennis has a specific AE forum...http://forums.itpdiesel.com/ On edit: you already posted there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14