Aux Idle Controller

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this weather, I like to jack my idle rpm up if I'm just hopping in/out and so maybe 7 or 8 years ago I put an ambulance Aux Idle Controller on my truck, got it from eBay and it was plug and play for maybe $125. You press a button for either a set rpm or for a 'charge protect' and off it goes. Touch the brake pedal, release the parking break, or pull out of Park and it automatically idles back down. It's worked great until this year. Now it won't come on.

Conditions for it to activate are a) feet off pedals b) parking break set c) tranny in Park. So I think it's the state of 1 or more of them that are getting reported wrong to whatever it is that the controller reads (there's a lot of wires going into that thing). The simplest idea is one of the limit or proximity switches, on the parking brake or the tranny shift lever, is fouled up. But I don't see them. I'm most suspicious of the parking brake cuz I seem to recall having to fiddle with it last year once or twice.

Any ideas or experience you care to share? Is there a limit switch of some sort on the parking brake? Thanks!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rich..

I'd go for the Parking Brake switch. Big dif between an 02 and 012 but I know on mine.. unless I apply the P brake pedal until the "P brake On" light comes on.. my AIC won't come up either.

You said you had to fiddle with it.. maybe fiddle with it again ? or just replace it ?
Check the Plug'n Play connection ?

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I'll remove the switch and see if it is mangled or something. Already tried wiggling it, and the plug and play adapter on the AIC...so maybe Santa will send me a $12 part next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14