Help Needed Help! Loss of power in CT

Crushtheogre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I work 70+ hours a week and have very little time to address these problems. If anyone is in CT ot the northeast and wants to help in person I would buy all the beer and pizza you can carry(inside you lol).

If anyone knows a good diesel shop in CT or MA I would be open to dropping it off there as it's worth it to have it done right.

I am not making the power I did months ago, my boost barely breaks 20lbsand even then it seems laggy. It was not laggy before even with the 39s. It pulled very hard and I used to hit maybe 28lbs quickly. The truck is losing boost I believe, I checked the boots and tube and found no leaks( I might have missed something in there, it's very oily and dirty. The tube do have some oil and I did the CCV mod so hopefully that helps.

I did go wheeling about 3 months ago and hit some mud and water hard but nothing deeper than the 39s. Could I have gotten water somewhere that would make a difference like this? The oil is fine in the engine. Could a "coupling" come loose soemwhere? The exhaust may also have leaks, it loosened up while wheeling.

It also starts hard now and did not before, the glow plug relay is new( I replaced) and the batteries are fine(I'm told....).

Could there be a leak at the turbo and how do I find it? Maybe the intercooler has a problem? Replace the boots? Should I do the 6.0 IC and boots while I'm at it? Worth the couple hundred bucks?

Please help or call me 860-978-7214

Paul

99 Ford F350 SuperDuty 7.3 PSD Ext. cab, LB, Garret GTP38R, AFE stage 2 intake, Bank Monster 4" catback, SCT Cortex, 05 grill, 4" lift, Bushwackers, ARB bumper, Warn 12K winch, 39x14.50 Pitbull Maddogs.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
there are a few good diesel guys at Ford of Branford, exit 55 off I-95

i cant offer to help because im basically in the same position as you, we fired everyone at work and now there is a lot of work so i get double shifts.

check for boost leaks with soapy water sprayed onto the boost hoses, and look for exhaust manifold or turbo up pipe leaks. also, when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
there are a few good diesel guys at Ford of Branford, exit 55 off I-95

check for boost leaks with soapy water sprayed onto the boost hoses, and look for exhaust manifold or turbo up pipe leaks. also, when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

What he said. ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NattyGlee22