Help Needed Electrical Problems

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
I have a 1999 7.3. edge programmer and exhaust the woopty doos. Heres the problem, I went to leave the other night and i noticed that the rear of the truck was awful dark. I noticed no brake kights, no rev lights and the markers were dim. I turn the flashers on just too check, the markers began to flash dim and no tail lights. I noticed today that the third brake light comes on when the headlights are on. I fi turn the flashers on now, the markers on the bed flash dim with the key off. If i turn the key on the flashers go out and wont diplay on the dash. evrything on the cab works perfectly. I checked for power and current and all is present at the rear of the truck. Isd there a module or something that controls this stuff. By the way my electric locks sometimes work and sometimes they dont. All fuses are good in the underhood block and in the internal panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!:dunno
i did check for previous posts on this matter didnt find anything that resembled this issue

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I hate electrical gremlins. Things like that can be difficult and time consuming to trace down:rant. Maybe someone else had had this happen and can point you in the right direction, but my initial thought is a bad ground somewhere. Have you recently added any electrical accessories?

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
issues

First i appreciate your response. I think i might have figured out the lighting issue.....i just so happened to have an extra bed harness, not real sure why? however when i plugged in the harness all the lighting issues have been resolved. no wires in the old harness are bad or broken that i can see but who knows right, Not sure why the auto locks arent responding but at least ill be on the road and i have the parts here to do it.... The edge keeps pulling a code that reads something about clock something or other i think its a p0541 code ill have to read it again. Thanks again, and if you have any ideas on the code i appreciate it also.:sweet;tu

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the auxilery 7 way plug sometimes gets corrosion in it and you get a cross bleed of voltage.ran into this a time or two

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd go with a bad ground and a backfeed..
rotsa ruck finding it, but like the good Dr. said.. near the trailer connector would be a good place to start...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NattyGlee22