Truck won't shift.....

pacman99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here we go,

Son's 01 7.3, auto Excersion won't move when you move from park to any gear. It sounds like it shifted, idel on the motor changes, but won't move. Now the bad, when he called me last night, it had stopped shifting when he was waiting at a light and tried to take off, I told him to check the fluid, took 5 +- quarts to hit the dip stick, some spillage. Is there anything we can do short of rebuild to get it moving?

Thanks,

Don

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OUCH! the 5 quarts is bad, once you filled it up did it move? Maybe a torque- converter fried, if it will not move, take it to a reputable tranny shop for an estimate, that really sux....:eek:

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
WOW, where did the 5 quarts go would be my question. Like was said before, take it to a REPUTABLE shop. Don't do one of the Ammco jobs. You want quality work and done right, especially when it's with the automatic trannies. Good luck!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Pacman, there is Jenkin's Transmission up here in Albertville, but I don't know if he has any experience with that type of tranny.

I will keep trying to think of some.

Clyde99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you do not know any reputable tranny shops, I highly recommend you get a FORD FACTORY Reman transmission installed. 5 quarts is far too many, I am sure that tranny is toast !

pacman99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I agree that 5 quarts means the trans it history, I think we found someone local, Noogin Transmission, they came with some good reviews from big truck owners. I guess we'll see how good they are with the little Ford Automatic.

Don

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck with it, should have them beef it up a bit while it is out. I would say the converter is probably shot. Ever find out where 5 quarts of tranny fluid went?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58